- If it works in Kansas does it work in No Trees? Yes, if it's the UMC Publishing House.
- What's the obsession with discipleship? It's measurable and safe. And our version stops short of getting into trouble like Jesus did.
- Why are there so many church consultants? See #1 above.
- Are younger clergy just more fodder for the pension system? Not all all. How cynical.
- Why are clergy pensions being re-evaluated? Pensions?
- Why the glass ceiling for women mega- church senior pastors but not for women bishops? The UMC wants to look more progressive than it actually is.
- How can UMC's be for the civil rights of GLBT persons and against holy unions? See number #6.
- How much does the name "Methodist" cost? Ask the trustees of Southern [methodist] University.
- What is fruitless? Probably lecturing on fruitfulness. Or hearing a lecture on it.
- What's a mission-based appointment? Too early to tell; maybe it's new code for a "challenge."
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
UM Questions and Answers 2009-2010
A December a few years ago, my retreat director said to me, "Maybe this year, instead of going to Bethlehem, you need to meet Jesus at...
Can we put texting in the rear view mirror? I can save an easy ten minutes in the morning by shaving with my Norelco triple Header whil...
How the heck did this little ditty come to be as familiar as the Apostles Creed in popular American Christian belief?! I'm not even sure...
While last night might have a bad night for atheists who happened to be watching the Home Run Derby, I found Josh Hamilton's record firs...