- If it works in Kansas does it work in No Trees? Yes, if it's the UMC Publishing House.
- What's the obsession with discipleship? It's measurable and safe. And our version stops short of getting into trouble like Jesus did.
- Why are there so many church consultants? See #1 above.
- Are younger clergy just more fodder for the pension system? Not all all. How cynical.
- Why are clergy pensions being re-evaluated? Pensions?
- Why the glass ceiling for women mega- church senior pastors but not for women bishops? The UMC wants to look more progressive than it actually is.
- How can UMC's be for the civil rights of GLBT persons and against holy unions? See number #6.
- How much does the name "Methodist" cost? Ask the trustees of Southern [methodist] University.
- What is fruitless? Probably lecturing on fruitfulness. Or hearing a lecture on it.
- What's a mission-based appointment? Too early to tell; maybe it's new code for a "challenge."
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
UM Questions and Answers 2009-2010
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Sunday Gospel Reading and Reflection (June 11)
Matthew 9:9-13, 18-26 9:9 As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man called Matthew sitting at the tax booth; and he said to him, "Follow...
Can we put texting in the rear view mirror? I can save an easy ten minutes in the morning by shaving with my Norelco triple Header whil...
Encourage each other every day, as long as it’s called “today." Hebrews 3:13 If it be so, O listener, dear to him in all his visi...
I think back on my own life and I think, Why did I waste it? I wasted it. And all kinds of wonderful things, believe me- pastoral ministri...
Post a Comment