What I appreciated about the book:
- The metaphors used and explained, i.e., baptism (pp. 212 and following).
- The positive view of the Old Testament/Israel as informing our reading of the New Testament/Jesus, not the other way around.
- The centering of Christian faith on gratitude as response for what God has done. (p. 209)
- The discussion on the New Creation was excellent. **
- Started slowly; length. You would expect a book with simple in the title to be briefer and "simpler."
- Written by clergyperson for church persons?
- No Index was provided, this aspect took away from the reading.
Simply Christian lends it self to a group study/discussion of 6-8 weeks and could be used with a variety of audiences, probably more with groups of seasoned believers.