- What is the personal and congregational cost/benefit analysis of taking- and not taking a leave?
- How do I plan a leave? Planning a leave two years out is not unreasonable. Writing a proposal that's specific and realistic is the first step.
- What do you want to call the leave? The "sabbatical" is academic in nature, where one takes a leave to study, work and write. Most D.Min. programs are academic and concurrent with full time ministry.
- What will be the main focus? Use "clergy renewal" when the focus on study or reading is combined with deepening prayer life, spiritual formation, rest, travel, family. It's an extended break from full time ministry.
- How can the time away be managed financially? Be creative; requesting to save or carry over vacation or continuing education time could provide you with a block of several weeks.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Questions for Leave Taking
The descending Spirit upon Mary and the Apostles Simon Haider, Descent of the Holy Spirit. The Spirit descends on Mary and the Apostles Th...
Can we put texting in the rear view mirror? I can save an easy ten minutes in the morning by shaving with my Norelco triple Header whil...
How the heck did this little ditty come to be as familiar as the Apostles Creed in popular American Christian belief?! I'm not even sure...
While last night might have a bad night for atheists who happened to be watching the Home Run Derby, I found Josh Hamilton's record firs...