- Who, on the threshold of a sabbatical, has shared her wonderful gift of listening and empathy, of clarity and intellect to everyone she encounters
- Who, in welcoming and accepting others, frees their gifts for joyful service and love
- Who first told me that my love of reading and study was not weird but a valid spiritual discipline and tool for prayer and growth
- Whose dedication and joy in her ministry these many years is not only beautiful but smart and contagious
- Whose Midwestern spunk, good humor, and patience always brings fresh air to the seriousness and judgment of our Bible belt religion
- Whose permission-giving, thought-provoking, and authority questioning gave me the freedom to rethink, discern, and repent
- Who tells the stories of saints and martyrs with reverence as well as friendliness
- You have embodied in the classroom and beyond the ideals of my spiritual heritage: "First do no harm, practice doing all the good you can, and stay in love with God."
- Thank you, friend and sister in the Lord, for all you have done for me and for the church we share in Jesus.
- Thank you for inviting me into this safe and healing place, and for all your encouragement in the SDI, in spiritual direction, and as a pastor!
Friday, December 5, 2008
Tribute to a Friend
Thanks to Sr. Mary Dennison, the Founder and Director of the Spiritual Direction Institute at the Cenacle Retreat House in Houston.
The descending Spirit upon Mary and the Apostles Simon Haider, Descent of the Holy Spirit. The Spirit descends on Mary and the Apostles Th...
Can we put texting in the rear view mirror? I can save an easy ten minutes in the morning by shaving with my Norelco triple Header whil...
How the heck did this little ditty come to be as familiar as the Apostles Creed in popular American Christian belief?! I'm not even sure...
While last night might have a bad night for atheists who happened to be watching the Home Run Derby, I found Josh Hamilton's record firs...