- Who, on the threshold of a sabbatical, has shared her wonderful gift of listening and empathy, of clarity and intellect to everyone she encounters
- Who, in welcoming and accepting others, frees their gifts for joyful service and love
- Who first told me that my love of reading and study was not weird but a valid spiritual discipline and tool for prayer and growth
- Whose dedication and joy in her ministry these many years is not only beautiful but smart and contagious
- Whose Midwestern spunk, good humor, and patience always brings fresh air to the seriousness and judgment of our Bible belt religion
- Whose permission-giving, thought-provoking, and authority questioning gave me the freedom to rethink, discern, and repent
- Who tells the stories of saints and martyrs with reverence as well as friendliness
- You have embodied in the classroom and beyond the ideals of my spiritual heritage: "First do no harm, practice doing all the good you can, and stay in love with God."
- Thank you, friend and sister in the Lord, for all you have done for me and for the church we share in Jesus.
- Thank you for inviting me into this safe and healing place, and for all your encouragement in the SDI, in spiritual direction, and as a pastor!
Friday, December 5, 2008
Tribute to a Friend
Thanks to Sr. Mary Dennison, the Founder and Director of the Spiritual Direction Institute at the Cenacle Retreat House in Houston.
By Scott Endress Scott Endress
Oldies but Goodies
Can we put texting in the rear view mirror? I can save an easy ten minutes in the morning by shaving with my Norelco triple Header whil...
The words attributed to Einstein, "The same consciousness that created a problem cannot solve it" provides the mission of Signs of...
The 13th Station of Light is from Acts 1:14: "All these were constantly devoting themselves to prayer, together with certain women, in...
Encourage each other every day, as long as it’s called “today." Hebrews 3:13 If it be so, O listener, dear to him in all his visi...
According to Luke, the crowd on Palm Sunday is associated with those sympathetic to Jesus: "a whole multitude of the disciples" an...