Researchers at The University of California, Davis, compared the results of keeping a daily gratitude journal with a control group and then measured emotional, physical, and social well being over a three week time frame. The subjects, all who suffered from a neuromuscular, chronic disease, reported:
1. Significantly higher levels of positive emotions in the gratitude group.
2. No difference in negative emotions.
3. Significantly higher positive effects for life appraisal, such as connection to others, life as a whole, and the upcoming day
4. MORE HOURS OF SLEEP! ALMOST ONE FULL HOUR OF SLEEP for those in the gratitude group.
5. No more exercise and no effect for pain was reported.
#4 is amazing! Just think what your energy level could be with almost one more hour of sleep per night!!
Oldies but Goodies
Can we put texting in the rear view mirror? I can save an easy ten minutes in the morning by shaving with my Norelco triple Header whil...
The words attributed to Einstein, "The same consciousness that created a problem cannot solve it" provides the mission of Signs of...
The 13th Station of Light is from Acts 1:14: "All these were constantly devoting themselves to prayer, together with certain women, in...
Encourage each other every day, as long as it’s called “today." Hebrews 3:13 If it be so, O listener, dear to him in all his visi...
According to Luke, the crowd on Palm Sunday is associated with those sympathetic to Jesus: "a whole multitude of the disciples" an...