The obnoxious and out-of-place (but clueless) Yankee fans sashayed back to their daze inns, muzzled and stunned with bewilderment. It was pure delight as dozens of NY tees filed into travel lodges; they had stayed over just to see the spectacle of losing a bad one.
The Couch Slouch column of a couple of days ago, reminded me of how fun it is to see the Yankees fail AT THEIR OWN GAME whenever they do. With that in mind, I smile when I think about:
- People whining about not winning another (91st?) World Series
- Hundreds of millions and no playoffs? Priceless
- "Here come the Yankees" shrieked with every base hit
- The plague of the merciless marauding midges
- CC has had his best year
- LEBRON'S STAYING IN CLEVELAND
- Go Rays- the team to beat
- ESPN's 24/7 A-Rod crawler
- Most of your guys who had a prime are past it
- Joe Torre in the playoffs with the barely mediocre Dodgers!!